On Wednesday 19th June, Exeter College will be hosting a study day for any prospective applicants thinking about studying Modern Languages at Oxford University. This will be a brilliant opportunity for Year 12 students to find out more about Modern Languages at Oxford, including exploring their options, learning about the admissions process, meeting students, academics and admissions staff, and attending academic taster sessions.
To apply for a place on the day, please visit the following page on our website: https://www.exeter.ox.ac.uk/applicants/undergraduates/visit/outreach/events-for-sixth-formers/modern-languages-study-day-2019/.
Provisional plan for the day:
- From 10:00 – Arrival and registration
- 10:30 – Welcome & Introduction to Modern Languages
- 11:00 – Why study Modern Languages?
- 12:00 – Student Q&As and college tour
- 12:45 – Lunch
- 13:30 & 14:30 – Choice of 2 seminars from different languages
- 15:30 – Summing up, general Q&A and evaluation
- 16:00 – Departure
Please note that if this event is oversubscribed, we will choose applicants based on academic/access criteria, and will prioritise students who have not had access to other opportunities such as the UNIQ summer schools.