UK students applying to Oxford or Cambridge need to apply through UCAS in much the same way as for other UK universities.
There are a few important things to note:
1. The process starts earlier, with all courses having an application deadline of 15 October (the same deadline as all UK Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Dentistry courses). Cambridge also asks applicants to complete an online Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ); a few extra questions requesting information not included in the UCAS application which are helpful in assessing applications.
2. The majority of courses at Oxford and Cambridge require applicants to sit admissions tests or written assessments, either before interview or at interview. Please see individual course pages on the University websites for information on which, if any, tests or assessments are required. Where pre-interview tests or assessments are required, applicants will need to be registered in advance.
3. Applicants may be asked to submit written work as part of the application process for some courses.
4. Interviews will take place in December for all courses at Oxford and Cambridge.
5. Interviewed candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application in January.