The Oxford & Cambridge Student Conferences 2019 have now taken place.
Thank you to all those who attended, we hope you enjoyed the conference.
Dates for our 2020 conferences will be announced in the new year. Please visit this website then for dates and further information.
The dates for the 2019 conferences are:
- Edinburgh - Friday 15 March 2019
- Swansea - Monday 18 March 2019
- Birmingham - Tuesday 19 March 2019
- Aintree - Wednesday 20 March 2019
- Newcastle - Thursday 21 March 2019
- Lisburn, NI - Tuesday 26 March 2019
- Epsom - Wednesday 27 March 2019
- Epsom – Thursday 28 March 2019
What are the Oxford and Cambridge Student Conferences?
Designed as Open Days on the road, our conferences bring experienced admissions staff, subject specialists and current students from the universities of Oxford and Cambridge to you and your students at venues around the UK.
The events are aimed at Year 12 students (or equivalent) who are studying for their A Levels/IB (or equivalent) and are beginning to consider their options for study beyond sixth form. These full day events provide up to date information about our courses, clearly outline the admissions process and provide students with the opportunity to hear first-hand how our current undergraduate students find life at Oxford and Cambridge. Our aim is for students to leave having explored the breadth of subjects on offer to them, gained a deeper insight into what our courses involve and an understanding of how both universities assess applications.
For 2019, we will once again be hosting a Teachers Programme throughout the morning sessions and encourage teachers and HE advisors to consider attending the conferences alongside students.
The conferences will cover:
- Subject specific sessions for many of the courses available at Oxford and Cambridge
- Applying to Oxford and Cambridge, including Student Life
- Making a competitive application
- Student finance and careers
- Teachers and HE Advisors forum
Admissions tutors, academic staff and current undergraduates from both universities will also be on hand to answer students' questions.
Admission is FREE but by ticket only and all bookings should be made online through a teacher. Please do not arrive at a conference venue without having made a booking as you will be turned away.
For other events run by Oxford and Cambridge Universities, see:
The students seem to be really enthusiastic about their courses and I felt that these were the kinds of people I would like to study alongside.